Research shows that the early years of a child’s life are a critical influence on the child’s lifelong learning and development. High quality early childhood learning experiences lay the foundation for all later learning.

Every year, over 5,000 children benefit from the quality early childhood education that is provided by AKA kindergartens.

AKA kindergartens are public kindergartens, so they do receive some government funding.  However, donations from parents / whãnau and ongoing fundraising efforts are necessary to make up the amount needed to deliver the high quality kindergarten services we offer.

Support from sponsors and the public is essential and hugely appreciated.

How you can help

Making a donation

Making a donation to the Auckland Kindergarten Association is simple, and it is a great way to support the Auckland Kindergarten Association, so we can continue to provide high quality learning experiences for the children of Auckland.

You can make a one-off or a regular donation. If you would like to donate, please call (09) 373 5635 or 0800 4 KINDY for our bank account details or click the ‘Donate’ button in the menu bar.

The Auckland Kindergarten Association is a registered charity with the New Zealand Charities Commission (registration number: CC 22833), so your donation today is tax refundable (if over $5). If you would like a receipt, please contact us and we will send you an email with instructions on how to make a tax deductible donation to AKA.

Donate products to Auckland kindergartens

Donations of paper, material and other resources are hugely appreciated by our kindergartens.  If you have any resources you would like to donate, please call (09) 373 5635 or 0800 4 KINDY or email

Leave a bequest for AKA

Do you remember your kindergarten days fondly and hope that future generations will be able to do the same?  You can help this happen by leaving a bequest to the AKA in your will.

To make a bequest, AKA suggests using the following wording:

“I give to the Auckland Kindergarten Association the sum of $_________ (or description of assets or property) for the general objectives of the AKA for which the receipt of an authorised officer of AKA shall be a full and sufficient discharge to any trustee”.

To make or update an existing will, please contact a solicitor, trustee company or public trustee. If you’d like more information, please feel welcome to email


We are always on the lookout for other like-minded community focused organisations to partner with.  If you are interested in finding out more about sponsorship opportunities, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at