About our Privacy and Cookies Policy
The Auckland Kindergarten Association is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
Last updated: 22 March 2020
How to use this Privacy and Cookies Policy
In this Policy, we explain the type of personal information we collect, and how we use, share and protect this information when you access and use our services on our website.
Who we are
We are the Auckland Kindergarten Association.
In this Policy:
- “we/us” means the Auckland Kindergarten Association (the Association);
- “third party” means someone who is not you or us.
Our registered office is Level 5, University of Otago House, 385 Queen Street, Auckland. CBD.
The Auckland Kindergarten Association is a registered charity with the New Zealand Charities Commission (Registration Number: CC 22833).
How to contact us
Your opinion matters to us – if you have any questions about our Privacy and Cookies Policy, you can direct your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to mail us by post directly, send it marked to “Privacy Team”, Auckland Kindergarten Association, PO Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141.
What information is collected?
Auckland Kindergarten Association operates the primary domains aka.org.nz and kinz.org.nz. As part of our operations, we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information– This is provided by you when you register your interest in our services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include filling out our Contact Forms; requesting to add yourdetails to a kindergarten waiting list; signing up for a workshop; signing up for an email newsletter or entering competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. If you choose to provide limited information, please be aware that it may be challenging for us to meet your customer service expectations.
- Opting in and Opting out: We will contact you with Association updates if you have checked the opt-in box when submitting the ‘Get in touch’ form. This confirms that you give us consent to contact you via the contact methods you have provided.
- You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
2. Aggregated Data – This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
How we use your personal information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your family.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research purpose that we might undertake, for which you have given permission.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
Who we share your personal information with
Apart from in the following circumstances, we will not share the information that we collect with any third parties:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- We may share your information with specified third parties with your express permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your Internet Provider (IP) address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
You can refuse them by turning them off in your browser and/or deleting them from your hard drive. You will still be able to visit our sites.
What about third-party cookies?
Third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on someone’s past visits to our website. Personally identifiable information is not stored by us or any third-parties.
What about our Advertisers and Business Partners?
In order to reflect the fact that our organisation is growing constantly, we reserve the right to update this Policy at any time. If we amend our Privacy and Cookies Policy we will post these changes on this page and may place additional notices on other pages of our website.
Your right to access your information
To access and correct your information, please contact us at “Privacy Team”, Auckland Kindergarten Association, PO Box 6933, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.