Welcome to Anchorage Park Kindergarten’s Community. Kia ora, Namaste, Hia Hao, Konnichiwa, Ohaiyogozaimasu, Welkin, Malo e lelei, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Hola, Hello!
At Anchorage Park Kindergarten we believe in recognising and valuing the journey of learning for children and their whānau in our community through a collaborative, inclusive and reflective approach. Partnerships are nurtured and respected for children and adults to experience a sense of belonging and well-being.
Teachers at Anchorage Park Kindergarten believe that:
- The culture of our kindergarten recognises and values the journey of learning for children, teachers and adults through a collaborative, reflective approach.
- Partnerships are nurtured and respected for children and adults to experience a sense of belonging and well-being within the kindergarten.
- Children are capable and competent learners within our enriched learning environment.
- Children’s learning opportunities and possibilities are enhanced with teachers recognising, valuing, listening and responding.
- Children’s well-being and learning will be empowered and enriched with our transition to school programme.
We have been recognised as a finalist for this programme in the Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Award 2015 Focus Prize – Takatū Prize which celebrates a focus on collaboration that creates Learner-led Pathways from early childhood to schooling. Click here to watch this video that explains our programme.
We are proud to be awarded again after 3 years the recognition of another Pā Harakeke – Gold Award from the Heart Foundation.
There is an important distinction between kindergarten and daycare or childcare. Auckland Kindergartens are community based and have a strong family focus. Parents and whanau are an integral part of what we do.
The passion and purposefulness of our teachers gives Anchorage Park tamariki a head start in their transition to school.
The kaiako/teaching team at Anchorage Park Kindergarten are caring, passionate, qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic.
Teachers value, listen and respond to learning opportunities and possibilities for children within an enriched magical learning environment.
All of the teachers are dedicated to, and passionate about, early childhood education. Our quality learning programmes are based on the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki and Reggio Emilia practices and principles.
Come and visit our Anchorage Park Kindergarten!