At Sturges Road Kindergarten we value our whole learning community for their contribution, skills and knowledge. We believe in building strong relationships, encouraging whānau to be part of their child’s learning journey and celebrating cultural diversity. We are located next to Western Heights Primary School and are continually developing our shared partnership with the junior school. Learning is life long and together we nurture our curiosity, imagination, creativity and unique ways of who we are, what we do and what we think.
What makes our kindergarten so special?
- Our welcoming and friendly teaching team
- We are a bush kindergarten – going on weekly visits to the bush, where children spend their time exploring the natural environment
- Our kindergarten has a strong relationship with Western Heights Primary School with an amazing transition to school programme
- Once a month, Edmonton Meadows Rest home visit our kindergarten – we build strong intergenerational relationships
- Each term our kindergarten goes on an excursion!
- All our teachers are IYP certified, fully registered and have current first aid certificates
We are a very experienced teaching team with our own life experiences adding to our skills and knowledge. We have a positive, reflective attitude with diverse strengths and views. This team diversity enriches our approach to teaching and learning. The shared leadership within our team reflects the value that our whole learning community have leadership potential. We respect and are compassionate to the needs and uniqueness of each child and family through professional and nurturing relationships.